✓ Item added to your cart list
Pregnacare Breast-feeding Capsules contains key nutrients that can play an important role during lactation and the production of milk for your baby. The formula provides the ideal follow-on product for mums after childbirth, as part of the complete Pregnacare range from conception through to breast-feeding. Pregnacare Breast-feeding is a carefully balanced comprehensive formulation of micronutrients to help safeguard healthy milk production in women including specific supporting nutrients e.g. calcium, and vitamins D3 and K. Pregnacare Breast-feeding can also be taken as a general postnatal supplement for 6-9 months following childbirth, to replace depleted nutrients and assist the body following pregnancy, even if you are not breast-feeding. For mothers who avoid dairy products, the formula also contains calcium to help maintain bone health. Intake recommendations of certain nutrients are increased during lactation. Pregnacare Breast-feeding contains the recommended 10mcg vitamin D3, the full RNI of 700mg calcium and 300mg DHA, the recommended level for lactation.
Careful support without excessive levels
Pregnacare Breast-feeding has been specially formulated by experts to provide sensible, balanced levels of vitamins and minerals. All ingredients have been included on the basis of scientific research with ideal amounts for pregnancy and breast-feeding.
Pregnacare Breast-feeding provides:
- 700mg calcium, plus magnesium and vitamin D3 which are also important for healthy bone development.
- Iron, B complex to help support new blood formation following labour and for energy release at a time when there are considerable demands on a new mum.
- Specific micronutrients to help safeguard a mum’s nutrition while breast-feeding.
- Each capsule provides 300mg DHA, the level recommended by international experts for mums during lactation.
- DHA (Docosahexaenoic Acid) supplied from the mother’s breast milk plays an essential role in the new baby’s brain and eye development. Infants have limited capability to synthesize fatty acids, which therefore must be obtained direct from external sources such as the mother’s milk.
- During breast-feeding, the infant’s brain continues to take up DHA and 15% of brain growth occurs after birth. DHA is required for optimum brain function and signalling and learning ability in later life.
- Contains the purest pharmaceutical grade fish oil, produced in Norway.
How to take Pregnacare Breast-feeding Capsules:
- Two Pregnacare Breast-feeding tablets per day, plus one Omega-3 capsule per day.
- Swallow each with a glass of water or a cold drink with your main meal.
- Not to be chewed.
- Do not exceed the recommended intake.
- Pregnacare Breast-feeding tablets and capsules should only be taken on a full stomach.
- You can start taking Pregnacare Breast-feeding at any point after childbirth and can be used for as long as required during and after breast-feeding.
Caution before taking Pregnacare Breast-feeding Capsules:
- Always read the product directions before use.
- Do not exceed the recommended intake.
- As with other food supplements seek professional advice before using if you suffer from food allergies, and consult your doctor or pharmacist if your have an underlying medical condition (e.g. diabetes, epilepsy, hyperthyroidism), or if on medication.
- Vitamin supplements are not intended to treat or prevent any disease.
- Food supplements must not replace a balanced and varied diet, and a healthy lifestyle.
- Pregnacare Breast-feeding does not contain any drugs or hormones and is produced in accordance with high pharmaceutical standards of quality control, beyond those normally required for food supplements.
- Pregnacare Breast-feeding has been carefully developed by experts so that all ingredient levels are within safe levels for pregnancy and are moderate rather than excessive.
- Pregnacare Breast-feeding has been specifically formulated with an ideal, moderate level of iron and avoids high doses.
- As Pregnacare Breast-feeding contains Vitamin K, if you are taking oral anticoagulants (eg Warfarin) do not take Pregnacare Breast-feeding except on the advice of a doctor. Vitamin K is not known to specifically interact with the action of asprin or heparin.
Pregnacare Breast-Feeding post-natal micronutrients tablets contain:
Vitamin D, E, C, B1, B2, B3, B6, B12, K, Folic Acid, Patothenic Acid, Calcium, Iron, Selenium, Magnesium, Zinc, Iodine, Copper, Biotin, Betacarotene.
Pregnacare Omega 3 capsules contain:
Omega-3 Fish Oils DHA, EPA