✓ Item added to your cart list
Murine Irritation & Redness relief provides pharmacy strength relief for sore, irritated and red eyes fast.
Murine Irritation & Redness Relief Eye Drops are specially formulated to clear and soothe red and irritated eyes. Eyes can become irritated by many different factors including dusty atmospheres, wind, swimming, smoke, air pollutants and close work such as reading and using computers.
Murine contains the active ingredient naphazoline hydrochloride, which belongs to a group of medicines called local vasoconstrictors. The ingredient acts by narrowing the blood vessels in the eyes in order to reduce redness and swelling. It includes a fast-acting and long-lasting action.
Directions for the use of Murine Irritation & Red Eye Drops:
- Take contact lenses out before putting Murine into your eyes.
- Gently squeeze 1 or 2 drops into each eye 2 or 3 times daily.
- You should wait about 15 minutes after using Murine, before administering any other eye product into the eye or before inserting your contacts lenses.
Caution before using Murine Irritation and Red Eye Drops:
Take out contact lenses before putting Murine into your eyes. You may reinsert your contact lenses about 15 minutes after putting the drops into your eyes.
Do not use Murine if:
- You have an eye condition characterised by continued redness, pain, or blurred vision.
- You are sensitive to any of the ingredients.
- You have raised pressure inside your eyeball (glaucoma).
- You have damage to your corneas (outer layer of the eyes).
- You have inflammation of the iris (the coloured part of the eye).
- You have any serious eye disease.
Consult your doctor or pharmacist before using if you think you have, or are being treated for:
- Hypertension (high blood pressure).
- Hyperthyroidism (over-active thyroid gland).
- Cardiovascular abnormalities (problems with your heart or your blood circulation).
- Arteriosclerosis (thickening of the blood vessels).
- Any eye condition for which you are under the care of your doctor.
- Discontinue use if you are about to undergo general anaesthesia.
Side Effects to consider with the use of Murine Irritation & Red Eye Drops:
- After putting in the eye drops, you may notice a slight widening of your pupil (the black circle in the centre of your eye). This is an expected and temporary effect.
- If you experience blurring of vision, do not drive or operate machinery.
- If you experience any eye pain or persistent vision changes, discontinue use and tell your doctor or pharmacist.
- If your eye condition gets worse or lasts for more than 24 hours, discontinue use and tell your doctor or pharmacist.
- If Murine is used every day, it could cause increased redness of the eyes.
- If you accidentally overdose or swallow the contents of the bottle, seek medical advice urgently and report any fall in body temperature, drowsiness, and coma, particularly in a child.
Murine Irritation & Redness Eye Drops contains:
Naphazoline hydrochloride, Benzalkonium chloride, boric acid (E284), borax (E285), disodium edetate and purified water.