✓ Item added to your cart list
Benadryl Allergy Syrup Child offers daily relief for children from the symptoms of hay fever and other allergic conditions such as pet, skin and dust allergies. Get relief from a runny nose, sneezing, itchy eyes, hives and skin rashes.
- Dosage: For oral use
- Age; Children under 2 years: Dose; Not recommended
- Age; Children aged 2 - 6 years: Dose; One 2.5 ml spoonful in the morning and one 2.5 ml spoonful in the evening.
- Age; Children aged 6 - 12 years: Dose; One 5 ml spoonful in the morning and one 5 ml spoonful in the evening.
- Age; Children aged 12 and over: Dose; Two 5 ml spoonfuls to be swallowed once a day.
Benadryl Allergy children's 1 mg/ml Oral Solution, at the recommended dose, does not cause drowsiness in the majority of people. However, rare cases of drowsiness have been reported. If affected do not drive or operate machinery. As with all antihistamines avoid excessive alcohol consumption when taking this medicine. If you are pregnant or breast-feeding consult your doctor before taking this product. If symptoms persist consult your doctor or pharmacist.
Warnings relating to Benadyrl for Children Allergy Solution:
- Do not take if you have ever had a bad reaction to any of the ingredients in this product, or any other antihistamine.
- If you have ever had kidney problems, speak to your doctor or pharmacist before using this product.
- The solution does not normally cause drowsiness. However, individuals can react differently to treatment. Do not drive or operate machinery if you are affected, but you should persist with the solution as any drowsiness does not last a long time.
- As with all antihistamines, it is advisable to avoid excess alcohol consumption when taking this medicine.
- Ask your doctor or pharmacist for advice before taking any medicine whilst pregnant. You should not take this product if you are breast-feeding.
- The allergy solution includes Methyl Parahydroxyhenzoate (E218) and Propyl Parahydroxybenzoate (E216), which may cause allergic reactions (possibly delayed)
- This product contains 3.15g of Sorbitol per dose, a source of 0.8g of fructose, and therefore patients with hereditary problems of fructose intolerance should not take the medicine.
Possible side effects from taking Benadryl for Children Allergy Solution:
The allergy solution can have side effects, although these are usually mild. Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you notice any of the following: headache, dizziness, drowsiness, agitation, dry mouth, upset stomach or fits.
Each 5 ml contains Cetirizine Dihydrochloride 5 mg
Also contains: Sorbitol (E420), Methylparahydroxybenzoate (E218), Propylparahydroxybenzoate (E216)