Available: In Stock
This is a prescription item and requires a free online consultation (assessment questionnaire) before adding to your basket and choosing quantity.
Prescription only pack size of the popular hayfever nasal spray - Beconase
Beconase Aqueous Nasal Spray contains a medicine called beclometasone dipropionate. This belongs to a group of medicines called steroids (also called ‘cortico-steroids’).
• steroids work by reducing inflammation
• they reduce swelling and irritation in your nose
• this helps to relieve itching, sneezing and your blocked or runny nose.
Beconase is used to prevent and treat:
• Inflammation in the lining of your nose (rhinitis) due to seasonal allergies, such as Hayfever.
• Inflammation in the lining of your nose (rhinitis) due to year round (perennial) allergies, such as animal allergies.
The usual starting dose is 2 sprays into each nostril twice a day.
The most you would use in over 24 hours is normally 8 sprays (4 sprays per nostril).
Once your symptoms are well controlled, you can reduce the amount of doses you use to 1 spray twice a day to maintain control. If symptoms begin to re-appear you can increase back to the normal dose of 2 sprays in both nostrils twice a day.
Pregnancy and Breastfeeding
You should not use Beconase if you are pregnant or breastfeeding without consulting your GP first. We cant supply for you via this service.
As Beconase is used locally in the nose, minimal amounts of it enter into your body. Therefore side effects are usually mild if any and can include:
For full information regarding this product, please read the Patient Information Leaflet carefully.